Windows 10 and Povray

Hi

I treated myself to a new tablet for Christmas that runs Windows 10 64 bit. 3DC v10 preview installed and running fine but Povray 3.7 is playing up a bit. Seems to install fine but it doesn’t want to play with 3DC and I get a message saying Povray is not installed properly. I just wanted to check that others are using Povray 3.7 with Windows 10 without problems, its probably something I am doing wrong.

Paul

I was having that problem myself a while back but I thought I fixed it. Does it work with an untextured sphere for example, or does it simply not work at all?

Have you disabled script restrictions in POVRay? (selected “No restrictions”)

I don’t think there is any problem with 3DC. When firing up just povray the program itself needs help finding pvengine32-sse2. I will keep experimenting. Is there a way of telling 3DC where to find the renderer?

Paul

My apologies for the delay. I read this earlier and forgot to respond. I think the key is to find the POVRay installation exe and create a shortcut to it. Or maybe uninstall and install the 64 bit version. Once you have it running then disable script restrictions. 3DC should then work.

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.