Win 7 64 bit Out of Memory error #7 when exporting.

I’m getting constant “Out of Memory error #7” when exporting IGS files using large texture format 2048×2048 in Win 7 64 bit. Only way around is to drastically reduce the size of the texture when exporting. Large tex files are now sort of standard in TS2015. No problem with large textures when exporting on a Win 7 32 bit machine, but far too slow. Running latest version 9.3 build 1620.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  JimCrow.

I’m a bit hazy on this at the moment. The export itself does not convert the texture to another format, am I right?

Hi Richard. No I’m not converting the texture during export. I do that later in a seperate program. I’m using the IGS exporter under File/Export/Trainworks/…….Train Simulator/Railworks Intermediary Geometry Format (IGS), which is the only one I use these days.

I am pretty sure I know what the issue is. There are cases where textures need to be loaded multiple times. For example when you have a material that uses the texture with a bumpmap, and another material that uses the texture with a secondary texture. These combinations of textures CAN be inefficient sometimes. I don’t really have a solution though. Odds are you are combining the textures exactly as you need them to be.

As a work-around, you could scale down the texture before you export and convert the non-scaled down version to Train Simulator format.

There are so many effects available in TS2015 now that it probably is an issue. I do scale down the textures for export, but I have to replace with the full size if I need to edit the model. As the memory problem does not occur on a Win 7 32 bit system, I was hoping there was any easy fix for 64 bit systems. Seems not so shall continue with the two sizes of textures.

Unfortunately I don’t have a definitive answer on why it works in Win 32 bit and not 64 bit. I can only guess that there is some memory usage overhead with 64 bit. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.

Not Support
6 posts