Plugins Operations and Scripts for 9.3

Paul

That’s fixed it all working well now. Many thanks for your extended help in sorting this.

Regards

Tony

Hi Paul,

The prior build before today’s change fixed my issue with Piper, but I’ll try the latest build tonight. Thank you for getting this fixed for us!

Howard

Hi Paul,

I’ve got a new problem now. I’m unable to install the latest msi file. I keep getting a message saying a newer version has been installed, and then the installer finishes. I’ve tried completely uninstalling 3DCrafter v9.3 1649 and reinstalling, but I keep getting the same error message when I go to install the plugins. Also, I looked in Programs & Features for an uninstall for this version of the plugins, but the only one showing up is the plugin for v10. How do I work around this? Thanks!

Howard

Hi Howard,

I’ve updated the file with a new product key, hopefully it will install over the top of the last one now.
Just download it again and give it a try.

Anyone else who already has this working shouldn’t need to install this update, the files it contains are the same.

Paul

Hi Paul,

No go. Still getting the same message. I don’t think I have the most recent file. The msi file that’s in the zip file has a modified date of 6/1/2016 12:56 PM, and a size of 884 KB. I would have expected a modified date of today or yesterday. I’m using the same link as before.

http://www.gausdens.talktalk.net/3dcplugins9.3.1649.zip

Howard

OK – Give it another go now, looks like I copied the wrong zip last time.

Paul,

It’s still not working. I’m continuing to get the message that a more recent version has been installed. I’ve tried completely uninstalling 9.3, deleting the folders and reinstalling 9.3 to a different folder. Two things left to try:

1. Uninstall 9.3, remove all registry entries, and try installing again. You would need to let me know what registry entries to search for and delete.
2. Remove the version check from the plugin’s msi install file. For me, this would be the path of least resistance.

I don’t understand why the plugins would install in the prior version, but not this one. There are plugins that get installed as part of the 9.3 v1649 install. Are these the versions that I’m trying install over with your plugin’s install? For example, here’s the file details for piper.dll that installed with 9.3 v1649:

3/30/16 9:30 PM file version 9.2.0.813

Anyways, just let me know what to try next. Thanks!

Howard

I’m not sure what registry setting the MSI looks for to say if another version is installed I don’t have much control over what the MSI file does.

My installer just contains a few extra operations, plugins and scripts that are not included in the standard install of 3DC. It should not overwrite any existing DLL’s.

You could try one of the free “force unistallers” Wise Program uninstaller and Revo seem to come up in google searches but I’ve not got any experience of them.

Cheers,
Paul

I’m having problems with installers myself for 3DC 10. It’s pretty frustrating.

I noticed build 1649 mentioned. Is it working out for you? I’m a little concerned that this new build, the first built on Windows 10, may have sluggishness issues on some computers.

Richard
I have 3DC9.3 (1649) installed on Windows 10 and following the fix by Paul, a few messages back, all is working fine. As far as 3DC10 is concerned I find I’m unable to install that version anyway, worked fine at first but now can’t install. I suppose I should post that saga in a different section.

Tony

Paul,

Well, I’m about out of ideas. I’ve tried uninstalling v1649, and going back to v1622, and I can’t even install the prior 9.3 plugin versions. It’s pretty frustrating. So, I’ll try one more round of uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn’t work, then I guess I’ll use 9.2 until 10 is fully ready to go.

Howard

Paul,

I desperately need some help with the 9.3.1649 plugins. Is there any way you can remove the version check from your .msi install? I’ve had to uninstall and reinstall 9.3.1649, and when I try to install the plugin’s, I get a message saying that a new version has already been installed. I’m basically dead in the water modeling wise until this gets fixed. I need the double side plugin and/or operator. Up until the last plugin install, I never had this issue. I was always able to reinstall plugins by just double clicking the .msi install file. Thank you!

Howard

Paul,

Finally got it to work. It turns out there is a conflict between v10 and 9.3. I uninstalled everything except 9.3, spent several hours cleaning up the registry of old entries, and was able to finally get the .1649 plugins to install. Somehow, the .1649 install is checking for more recent versions, and is finding them in v10. I would think the two versions would be isolated from each other, but apparently not. I’m going to update the post in the technical problems forum for Richard. This is something that I think the two of you may need to work on… especially since v10 is still in beta. I would like to be testing v10 while using 9.3, and I would imagine I’m not the only user in this boat. Thank you!

Howard

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.

Not Support
43 posts Thread is sticky