Freeware will not load on W7-64

Not a first, I know, some older unresolved threads. Error details belched up, don’t know if any clues here:

“APPCRASH
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5442
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 73f84b02
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5442
Additional Information 2: 544254a9f5c5da7647767780cca39ea5
Additional Information 3: 1bf4
Additional Information 4: 1bf44052c9dde107e54180a664f34a94”

Cure for APPCRASH, sometimes, disable Data Execution Prevention. Not here.
Thanks for any helpROAR.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Mvision.

I wished I had known this before downloading to try out. What a headache!

Okay, after repeated attempts to install, I give up! Installed Version 10, didn’t load. Uninstalled and tried installing Version 9.5. Didn’t load. Uninstalled and tried Version 9.3, which is touted as compatible with Windows 7. Didn’t load. In each instance I got the following message…

3DC has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It then hangs on this message until closed manually.

This is frustrating! I fully expected the program to work from the outset. I even purchased the Pro Version as it seemed to have the features I wanted. I hope a solution can be found. It would seem next to impossible with so little information. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It has been updated and drivers are current. I don’t see any other information as to the problem or how to solve. Any help appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry for your troubles – as you may have gathered the developer leaves us on autopilot – often – and for extended periods… While unsatisfactory – it’s pretty much been this way since he started with this…

The forum software is bad enough that it has driven off almost all the people in the know who used to frequent this site…

The program should work on Win7 – I know I had it working – although it wasn’t 9.5 at the time… I tried to load 9.5 on an old Vista box I have the other night and it didn’t work – even though he lists Vista in the compatibility list… I think I had a compatibility issue call out during the install process…

Have you tried running the install and executing the program as admin to alleviate any permission issues ?

Probably not much help but I can commiserate with you…

Regards,
Scott

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.