FBX for Train Sim World (3DC 9 & 3DC 10)

OK, I’ve installed the extensions (I’d already run 3DC9 last night) but now I get an unhandled excption in the .NET framework when I export to FBX. I ran Windows Update to make sure my .NET is up-to-date (it is).

Darn… Well, that might be it until I can get back to my test computers. My best guess is that the installer is not making all the registry connections between 3DCrafter and the plug-in. It’s actually pretty hard to get right.

If I think of anything I’ll republish.

Thanks for trying it out.

Always more than glad to help 🙂 I’m certain you’ll have it working soon. In the meantime, I’ll carry on with UP119 for TS2017.

Actually… I have a thought how to make it work. It’s actually pretty easy.

1) Right click on “Start” and choose “Command Prompt (admin)” (or search for it, right-click and choose “run as administrator”
2) paste “cd C:\Users\richa\Documents\3DCrafter 9.5\Extensions” (replacing “richa” with your location)
3) paste “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe AutodeskFBXExt.dll /tlb /codebase”

It’ll say it registered it, but will give you warnings. But that should make it work. Worked for me.

Oh, and I looked at my installer and didn’t find a problem. That’s actually a bit strange and concerning because I believe it is doing the procedure that I just posted. Which might mean the procedure won’t work. Hmm….

Yep, same error as before.

It’s possible it might work with the officially released version as well. It could be a conflict between Windows Store installer and this regular installer. But I like I said I can’t test at the moment.

Thanks for trying! We’ll get it working, I’m sure.

I just released the official 9.5 and the extensions (on the news page). I was able to test it on Windows 10 and it is fine. I can’t say for certain about Windows 7, but I think it should work Ok. There’s a chance that it needs 3DCrafter 9.3 installed at the same time. But I can’t be certain and I can’t test that since I can’t install Windows 7 (I tried).

I forgot to mention that 9.5 can be installed alongside 9.3. I’m not sure about 9.2 though.

Thanks Richard. I’ll be away for the next couple of days but I’ll test this when I get back and let you know how I get on.

Richard, I’ve installed this latest 9.5 (Win10, but on a different drive to 9.3) and it came up as “freeware” version, but not all the “plug-ins” I’m used to seeing and using were listed/available, like Material Manager. Looked in the “plug-ins” folder and could see a “MaterialManager.dll” in there. I then noticed that the Help menu still had a “enter licence code” option so I entered my last code and restarted 9.5. It now comes up as “Professional Edition” and the missing plugins are all back. It this want you are expecting?

I’ll check to see why that’s happening, and if there is anything I can do about it. Thanks.

I found it and fixed it. It’ll be out in the next release. Fixing it’ll probably save me from having to reissue people’s codes. Thanks.

Hi Richard,

The link to download 9.5 doesn’t seem to be working?

Cheers,
Paul

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.