3DC10 – 64 Bit and a few more questions ?

Hi Richard,

Been a bit – but I’ve been with you since version 6… Hope all is well…

Just looking at 3DC10 for the first time… LOL – man – I miss those old axis controls from previous versions… Is 3DC10 a 64 bit application ? Also – going back to my pet peeve – texture mappings – is there any way you can add ZOOM an PAN to the actual CROP function – so we can make texture mapping a 1 step process instead of having to REMAP every single texture application ? Also – in the current UVREMAP function – there is no pan whatsoever which makes texture applications impossible – is there some new trick to PAN in this view ? I’m still on 9.5 and looking for a real reason to upgrade – I don’t think I’ve found it yet… Any input welcome…

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott – pretty sure you’ll recognize my username here lol.

I thought I’d check in and give this topic a bump and also express my interest… I’d really like to give version 10 a serious try, but not being able to pan and zoom in the texture mapping pop-up window like I was used to in version 9.1 (the version I’ve used until now) to be a huge road block to being able to seriously use the new version… I hope these are functions that will be restored at some point in the future.

Thanks!

I agree. I wanted to like V10. I haven’t uninstalled it… but I’m not using it either. I’m back at a prior release waiting for 10 to mature a bit more (IE; become as usable).

Hi Folks,

Hah – yep – howdy – on the most awful forum software I’ve ever used…

Just pinged Richard via Bug Report on 3DC10 issue – hopefully he responds…

Regards,
Scott

Hello again – I just thought I’d give this thread a quick bump again since this continues to be of extremely high interest to me… With the complexity of the model I’m working on in version 9.1 now, I’m pretty much at a dead end of being able to make any further progress since I’m constantly getting “out of memory” errors when trying to apply or adjust textures…

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.